#Raiders GM Mike Mayock says he has spoken to Carl Nassib several times over the last couple days. Nassib requested a personal day today to process everything and the team granted it.
Mike Mayock says Carl Nassib requested a personal day. “A lot to process,” Mayock says Nassib told him.
#Raiders GM Mike Mayock says Carl Nassib requested and was granted a personal day today because he has “a lot to process” following the Jon Gruden email situation.
Here is the opening statement made by #Raiders GM Mike Mayock, the first by a member of the team's front office since Jon Gruden resigned.
Just spoke with #Raiders owner Mark Davis: "I have no comment. Ask the NFL. They have all the answers." Also confirmed that Mike Mayock remains GM and now has 51 percent control of roster decisions, with interim coach Rich Bisaccia at 49 percent. Was Gruden 51/Mayock 49 before.
Mike Mayock said that Carl Nassib requested a "personal day" today. The #Raiders granted his request.
The #Raiders had a team meeting this morning. Mayock said the locker room has responded as positively as can be expected. He said the players want to finish this season "the right way."
Mike Mayock setting the tone and taking ownership of this team, I love to see it. High praise for Rich Bissacia.
Appreciate Mayock doing his best to explain everything. But Mark Davis should be up here doing this.
“The Raiders have always stood for diversity” -Mike Mayock with heat out the gate.
Mike Mayock, leading the way. As I said, it’s probably going to be rocky, but I wouldn’t close the book on the #Raiders 2021 season.
At 3-2, still a lot on the line, a lot to play for and a lot of talent in that locker room.
Mike Mayock was really impressive given the circumstances today. Especially given his owner was MIA. Shouldn’t have been his job, but he had to speak for the organization after the Gruden mess. Not an easy spot
Mayock said he has talked to Black players and staff. "I can't put myself in your shoes. Help me." Also said Carl Nassib is a community of one.
Carl Nassib was granted a day off by the Raiders ... after his former head coach, Jon Gruden, was ousted for spewing homophobic comments in emails. https://t.co/z7HHMzZwUn
Mayock: "I'm sad for the whole Gruden family. But at the end of the day, we're all accountable for our actions."
#Raiders GM Mike Mayock: “I do have emotion. And I am sad. To be honest with you, I’m sad for the whole Gruden family. Not just Jon. But at the end of the day, we’re all accountable for our actions. That’s how we have to look at it."
Mike Mayock "The reality is Mark Davis really was the one that was dealing with that. And I don't want to speak for Mark, but there was a lot of due diligence...he was trying to figure it all out. I know what the guy stands for and he was trying to do the right thing."
This is so hilarious I can't decide what to QT, so here's my top 3
"Mayock majority shareholder of roster decision"
If 2 ppl make decisions, one has 51%, the other has 49%, the one with 51% has 100%
Please say Mayock/Bisaccia have a draft for which 26/27 players they "control" https://t.co/7V42wrOv3N
team meeting overseen by Mark Davis, Mike Mayock and interim head coach Rich Bisaccia, ended with one conclusion: It's time to move forward
Mayock is a standup guy. Wish him the best the rest of the season. Fix this OL.
Mike Mayock never had any real power with the Raiders and is likely on borrowed time with Jon Gruden gone.
Rich B, Waller, Carr and Crosby all talking today. Very soon. This is very good. Leaders stepping up. Yesterday it was Rich alone. ( mayock already talked) #Raiders #RaiderNation
Raiders general manager Mike Mayock will have more of a say in roster decisions after Jon Gruden’s resignation. https://t.co/dLIEprxoyA