Okay, it's no secret I love @alyankovic
So my question is...
What is your single favorite of his:
1) Parody songs
2) Non-parody songs
Please use hashtag #MyFaveAl
Show Al the hot Al love!
So, I'm asking @alyankovic
himself, just in case...
Do you have a favorite of your songs, in each category, parody and original?
Also, WE ALL LOVE YOU!
I also love, when you talk to actual musicians and comedians, they never disrespect Al. I love that he has the admiration of the music AND comedy worlds. #MyFaveAl
Favorite Parody: Amish Paradise
Favorite Non-Parody: Everything You Know Is Wrong
In High School, we'd have a steady soundtrack of Epic heavy metal during our Dungeons & Dragons combat.
...And Weird Al's "Trigger Happy."
I think everyone's wisdom dropped six points during that song.
We did not make good decisions while it was on.
1) "Yoda" or "Smells Like Nirvana"
2) "Nature Trail to Hell" - So goddamn funny, not only for its intensity, but because half the joke is that the song just never, ever ends and keeps ramping up to impossible heights.
I’m gonna do it a bit different. Honorable mentions in the comments.
Parody Of A Specific Song: I Losf On Jeopardy
Parody Of A Style: Genius In France (with Dweezil Zappa)
Polka Medley: Polka On 45
1) Parody, "Bob" That was when I realised he was a genius
2) Non-parody "Hardware Store" Super fun song and must have taken a lot of work
#WeirdAl #WeridAlYankovic #SongParodies #ComedySongs
Aw, man, I'm gonna have to weigh in on #MyFaveAl but I don't want to give obvious answers that everyone else has given. Okay, I'll say...
1. "Chicken Pot Pie"
2. "Trigger Happy"
But I could have said "It's Still Billy Joel To Me" and "Pancreas," too.
Ooo, this is tough...
Original: Don’t Download this Song or Skipper Dan
Parody: Word Crimes, Amish Paradise, White and Nerdy
Wanna know what #MyFaveAl song is?
The Weird Al song where it sounds like Elmer Fudd singing "I'm too sexy"! 😂
in other words, you are worthy of my grace@goldrydia
#MyFaveAl is definitely white and nerdy for parody (i still remember watching the music video for the first time the last day of 9th grade), and my favorite non-parodies are virus alert and nature trail to hell
Favorites from @alyankovic
Parody: Pretty Fly for a Rabbi (Running with Scissors)
Non-Parody: Christmas at Ground Zero (Polka Party)
And one category Gail missed-
Polka: Now That’s What I Call Polka (Mandatory Fun)
1. Lasagna, which is also one of my favorite things to throw on a jukebox
2. Velvet Elvis, which replaced Close But No Cigar after hearing it live
3. adding a Polka category for "Alternative Polka"
#MyFaveAl #Lieslieslies #MyFakeAl
#MJInnocent #MJIsKing #Standup4MJ always because #WhatHorrorVillainsAreThinking lets betray the man I owe my career top so I will get slight mention in hot series. @alyankovic
you are a #Shame https://t.co/hweZKW6Z0T
Parody: Smells Like Teen Spirit
Yankovic told Rolling Stone “I don’t know what kind of career I would have today if it hadn’t been for Michael Jackson… ‘Eat It’ basically changed me from an unknown into a guy that got recognized at Burger King.” 🐍🐍
NOT #MyFaveAl 🐍🐍 #MJIsKing
#Standup4MJ #mjinspires https://t.co/yP53i21c03
We saw @alyankovic
last Friday at @MeadowBrookAmp
and we both fell into a deep love for him all over again. He was FANTASTIC!! 🎤🥰
1) Parody song - "Word Crimes"
2) Non-parody song - "You Don't Love Me Anymore"
Oh man, I'm seeing Weird Al tonight in concert so this is excellent timing.
Anyway; direct Parody - Tie between The Saga Begins and Dare To Be Stupid
Style Parody - Tie between Ringtone and My Own Eyes
#MyFaveAl is the longest best song he's ever put out and this fan animation that I watched on repeat in 2011. Whats more Weird Al then making an 11-minute song about absolutely nothing with the soul intent to waste everyone's time? https://t.co/zdEh3bew7i
1) White and Nerdy holds a special place in my heart 😔
2) That’s your Horoscope for Today is my favorite non-parody song he’s done
Super Greliz Fighter V: Battle Roach Boogaloo@ItsGreliz
1) Cavity Search
2) I'm torn between You Don't Love Me Anymore and Mr. Frump in the Iron Lung
#MyFaveAl I like both parody and not parody but I love his love songs ( or anti love songs) the best
1. Parody, probably has to go to White & Nerdy. Al goes all out on the lyrics on this one and it is fantastic.
2. Non-parody must go to the immortal Albuquerque. I sometimes just like to pull up the lyrics and sing along to the whole thing.
My fave @alyankovic
Parody: Smells Like Nirvana
Style Parody: Dare to be Stupid (hands down the best Devo song Devo never wrote)
1) White and Nerdy is pretty much my theme song
2) Nature Trail to Hell (in 3-D)
1) Yellow Snow (Purple Rain parody)
2) One More Minute
If we're only counting released songs, I'll pick Yoda for the parody of Lola https://t.co/z2w1DiUn3j
White & Nerdy, and All About The Pentiums are string contenders for favorite parody too 😄
"Make Me Steak Number 3" and "Orgy on My Own."
"Baby Likes Burpin'" and "School Cafeteria"
"The Beverly Hillbillies Miss You" and "Water Is Wet"
"Flatbush Avenue" and "Belvedere Cruising"
"If I Could Make Love To a Bottle" and ""Never Met a Person as Wonderful as Me"
I've been an @alyankovic
fan since i was 7 in 1982! #MyFaveAl are:
Parody, well known: Yoda
Parody, obscure: pretty fly for a rabbi
Original, well known: Dare to Be Stupid (one of the greatest songs ever written and my favorite al song)
Original, obscure: midnight star https://t.co/BE4SkUgvMh
@gailsimone It's possible Twitter couldn't handle our praise of Weird Al.
We should praise him more just to be sure.
1. Parody- Smells Like Nirvana because the kazoo solo always makes me laugh
2. Original- Hardware Store because lists of things are funny
I'm a big fan of @alyankovic
too. I even saw him when he was in Ft. Lauderdale for his Strings Attached tour! =)
Choosing favorites is hard, but my current top favorites are:
Parody: Word Crimes
Non-Parody: Jackson Park Express https://t.co/8MdR7NFMui
Very hard to decide.
1.) Amish Paradise, followed by White & Nerdy or Fat. (The music videos are half the fun.)
2.) Dare to be Stupid, followed by Christmas at Ground Zero
#MyFaveAl you ask?
Well #DareToBeStupid is his best song ever so that should be on everyone’s list. It’s a tone/style parody so I’ll slot it in there because frees up #EverythingYouKnowIsWrong as my fav non-parody song. His best songs are the ones to live by.
1) Parody for #MyFaveAl has to be either Amish Paradise or Tacky. Tacky mostly because I try to blot out the original lyrics with Al's version whenever it comes on the radio.
2) Hardware store. I mean. Will you look at all that stuff.
Shoutout to the Polka compilations.
There are so many, but I’m gonna go with “Another One Rides the Bus” and “Happy Birthday”
Parody- Yoda. I heard this before I had ever heard Lola.
Non Parody- UHF. Probably my go to Weird Al song. It's that fire emoji the kids use.
1) Parody: "ebay", to the point where much like with many people, its lyrics have consumed the lyrics to the original in my mind.
2) Not sure if it counts as non-parody since it's a style send-up, but "Mission Statement". otherwise, "You Don't Love Me Anymore".
My second concert was Weird Al in 2000. A friend asked me to go because their little brother was too cool for it. What kind of trash human grows out of Weird Al? Going to see him tomorrow and I'm over the moon.
1) King of Suede
2) The Night Santa Went Crazy
Parody: Bedrock Anthem (HM: Ricky)
Non-parody: One More Minute (HM: Dare to Be Stupid)
Polka medley: Polka Your Eyes Out (HM: Polka Party!)
Album: Even Worse
#MyFaveAl @alyankovic https://t.co/X9H9LPwKCR
Favorite parody: "The Saga Begins"
Favorite original: 3-way tie between "Mission Statement", "Hardware Store" and "Pancreas"
I think my fave Weird Al parody song is "King of Suede," if only for the location of the store (next door to Willy's Fun Arcade).
My fave original is without a doubt "Dog Eat Dog". It's so good that I sometimes forget that it's not an actual Talking Heads tune.
Parody: Amish Paradise
Non-Parody: You Don't Love Me Anymore
Parody: This Song's Just Six Words Long
Non-Parody: Skipper Dan (my favorite song of his, period)
I like to remind people that I've been to six concerts and five of those have been "Weird Al." So hard to choose but Word Crimes appeals to the writer in me while Albuquerque is just the most Al of Al songs.
1. Amish Paradise. No doubt abou it. (You can just imagine the glee on my face when I got to see him do that live.)
2. Weasel Stomping Day... ties with Dare to be Stupid.
Saw all three performed live! #MyFaveAl https://t.co/VcCKhGa0fN
1) “Yoda” is my favorite, hands-down. I’ve even got the chant memorized!
2) “Albuquerque” may be Al’s magnum opus. Almost 11 and a half minutes of pure, unadulterated craziness!
Parody: "Here's Johnny" was comedy genius. As far as I'm concerned, that's his best parody
Non-parody: Any of the polkas from 1991 or older. I love all of them
Parody: The Saga Begins
Original Style-Parody: Everything You Know Is Wrong
Honorable Mentions: Jurassic Park, One More Minute
And a commendation for Word Crimes, a true public service on his part. https://t.co/wIQBNqZUFh
- “Perform This Way,” “Smells Like Nirvana,” and “Amish Paradise”
- “Hardware Store” and all of his polka medleys. I could rank those by themselves. #MyFaveAl https://t.co/Z2rwysz8fU
1. Amish Paradise
2. I truly can't pick between these 3:
Everything You Know Is Wrong
The Night Santa Went Crazy
Since You've Been Gone https://t.co/P4NXqMSo1H
Ah crap forgot the hashtag #MyFaveAl
Oh man...so many to pick but I think I'd would go with:
1) Smells Like Nirvana
2) CNR (it's like the Rockiest I've ever heard him ever)
it was really hard to choose
That would be it but I love me some @alyankovic
Parody Song: Tough choice, but I'm going with "Fat"
Non-Parody Song: One More Minute, hands down.
And my favorite style parody (which I think deserves its own category) has to be
Craigslist (and that’s a hard choice for me to make: he has so many great ones)
For a while now, my favorite of his songs has been "White & Nerdy". Especially the video with Donny Osmond. #MyFaveAl
Too many fave parodies to count. “Amish Paradise” and “White and Nerdy,” “My Bologna,” etc.
My go-to Al holiday song that deserves all the love is “Christmas at Ground Zero.”